What You’re Missing At Your Apartment Complex’s Fitness Center| Apartment Living, Health & Wellness
What You’re Missing At Your Apartment Complex’s Fitness Center
If you’re not taking advantage of your apartment complex’s fitness center – you’re missing out.
Maybe you pass by it every day going to and from work. You might not even know where it is.
But if you didn’t pay attention on the walkthrough of the fitness center when you were touring the apartment complex; give it another look. Many complexes have really upped their game and have stocked it with the same quality equipment you’ll find at any gym.
Many will also include yoga and meditation rooms, free weights, saunas and more. Some will even offer classes.
So why spend all that money on a gym membership when you have a fully equipped fitness center minutes from your door?
Ok – the classes. But if you just need a quick workout before or after work or maybe you don’t feel like wading through traffic – run down to the fitness center.
Give your fitness center another look – and to give yourself one less reason not to go to the gym today, here’s a quick how-to on the machines, free weights and equipment waiting for you at the fitness center.
Human Vs. Machine
The exercise machines are great for both cardio and muscle building. You’ve got treadmills, ellipticals, stairmasters, rowing machines and more. Then there’s the weight machines for toning and building muscle.
The machines are a perfect way to get in a great workout day or night, rain or shine. Here’s a couple of primers with some workouts to get you started:
- Treadmills – Walk, jog or run your way to great shape. Here’s an intro to the treadmill and some workouts.
- Stationary Bike – Get on your bike and ride. Here’s an intro to stationary bikes and some routines here.
- Ellipticals – Get a full-body workout that’s easy on the knees. Here’s an intro to ellipticals and some workouts.
- Stairmasters – Take the stairs for toned legs, butt and abs. See the intro here and check out these workouts.
- Rowing Machines – Row your way to a toned physique. Try this intro and here’s some workouts.
Tip: Don’t forget the pre-programmed routines on these machines. They’re designed by professional trainers after all.
The weight machines are designed to isolate specific muscle groups to tone and build muscle. These are great for beginners and if you’re working out alone.
These are what most people envision when they think of the gym. Buff and toned people lifting heavy pieces of metal on the bench and squat racks. Well, there’s a little more to free weights than that.
Remember, when lifting heavy, it’s always recommended that you have a partner to spot you and that you use proper form at all times.
- Dumbbells – Great for everyone from beginner to advanced. These are hand-held weights that you can use in a wide variety of ways. They tone, build strength and muscle endurance. See an intro to dumbbells here and some great workouts here and here.
- Olympic Weights – The classic style of weight lifting. If you’re new to weight lifting, start light and with a partner. Here’s an exercise database and some routines.
- Kettlebells – Originating in Russia, these cannonballs with handles are the perfect way to build functional strength and burn fat. Make sure you study up on proper form before you start these routines. Here’s some videos to help you.
Don’t forget that many fitness centers have yoga rooms. Yoga is great for flexibility and quality of life. Get started today with this yoga routine.
So the next time when you’re just sitting around the house, put on your workout gear and head down to your fitness center.
Everything you need for a stronger, fitter you is just minutes away.
If you’re looking for a new apartment in Westminster, CO that fits your healthy lifestyle, look no further. The Estates at Tanglewood apartments gives you spacious floor plans with modern design, premium amenities (including two 24-hour fitness centers), beautiful scenery, social spaces and a prime location.